How You Can Help
Your donation helps Capitol Hill Housing to:
- Offer families the stability of affordable housing near work and school
- Keep rent affordable for seniors and others on limited incomes
- Connect your neighbors to jobs, healthcare, and other services
Donations are made to the Capitol Hill Housing Foundation.
If you are interested in workplace giving, matching gifts, stock donations, estate planning or other donation options, Contact Michael Seiwerath at 206-204-3840 or .
We would love to see you at one of our events in the community.
Volunteer with NEAR
Navigating Employment with Assistance and Resources (NEAR) is a unique program which partners our residents with one-on-one career and job skills mentorship. Our mentors are local professionals with management and hiring experience who can expertly guide residents to meet their career goals. We are always looking for new volunteers who can bring their specialized talents, experience, and skills to enrich our program and assist our residents. Help a neighbor, and volunteer with NEAR today!
- Review and asses residents interests, skills, work history, and employment goals
- Help residents create short and long term steps toward goal-achievement and hold them accountable to said steps
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance about resumes, applications, interview skills, and navigating the work environment
- Guide resident to additional employment or educational resources
- Minimum of three, weekly to bi-weekly sessions with one resident (can be ongoing)
- Attend volunteer orientation and quarterly skills training
- Previous mentor or advocacy experience
- Experience in human resources, personnel management or with hiring
- Approachable, compassionate, and open-minded
- Flexible problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box
- Active listening and other “soft” skills
- Passion for affordable housing and economic justice issues